The Community Impact Institute (CII)
The opportunities for broad and lasting impact, for driving transformative change arise when we leverage our experiences with those of other research, business and practice communities across the country. Creating this kind of synergy is part of The Fedcap Group’s DNA. It is spearheaded by our Community Impact Institute (CII).
The CII is about many things. It’s about discovery, testing assumptions, research and intellectual rigor. It’s about creating conversations that help people articulate their own and their communities’ needs and challenges. It’s about convening multifaceted dialogues in which experts from different sectors brainstorm creative and actionable ideas to meet those needs and work through those challenges. And it’s about bringing together consumers, thought leaders, practitioners and service providers to design interventions that work locally and are also widely replicable. These beliefs and practices have given rise to a number of innovative programs and products.
Bi-annual Solution Series on topics impacting the self sufficiency of individuals with barriers. In the past we have focused on:
- Employment of veterans
- Reducing recidivism through the employment of the previously incarcerated
- Improving educational and long term outcomes for youth transitioning from foster care
- Leveraging the talents of older workers
- The intersection of workforce and economic development
- Costs and benefits to raising minimum wage
- Immigration and its impact on business
- Impact of Mental Health
Before and after these events, The Fedcap Group’s CII posts and publishes written and video interviews with thought leaders from government, foundations, business and non-profit sectors.
Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services
The Fedcap Group's Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services is committed to assisting returning service members, veterans, and military families by promoting thought leadership through our network of strategic partners. We harness the power of existing community programs, increasing their impact and helping them to include veterans and their families. Ours is a recognized voice for veterans services. Dixon Center has reached more than 750 communities and over one million veterans and military families since 2010. With our network, we bring together people, resources, and trusted expertise to transform lives, connecting veterans to continuing education, fulfilling careers, health and wellness resources, and housing so they may succeed where they live.
Metrics that Matter
Data matters. Data-driven decision making matters more. Metrics That Matter was developed to ensure that the agency builds its strategy, program design and corporate decisions on a platform of knowledge. Metrics That Matter captures information on national trends, program outcomes, human resources, financial stability, community engagement and consumer satisfaction. The report documents impact in the communities we serve and success in creating sustainable change.
In 2015, The Fedcap Group established the National Center for Innovation and System Improvement to provide technical assistance and training to government agencies and community-based providers to assist them in improving the outcomes for people with barriers.
The Products and Offerings of the National Center include:
- Transforming Service Delivery Systems—Using Implementation Science, engaging key stakeholders in design, testing, implementation, refinement and sustainability
- Tested strategies for Employer Engagement in hiring people with barriers
- Labor Sector Analysis to determine high growth sectors—growth means jobs!
- Introduction to innovative career exploration strategies such as Connect2Careers™-and Networking By Design™
- Innovation in Transition Services—technical assistance for schools that desire to strengthen transition services for students with disabilities leading to college and employment success
Practice Improvement Institute
- Webinars providing interactive discussions and in depth training on hot topics such as:
- Rapid Job Placement
- Family Engagement
- Business Engagement
- Creating a culture of Work
- School Transition Services
- Building Career Ladders for people with barriers to integrated employment
- Job Opportunity Board — an online resource for posting and searching for job opportunities for people with barriers
- Get Ready!™ — Interactive, web-based work readiness tool—a comprehensive and highly effective approach for helping individuals with barriers become work ready
- Web-based and onsite courses based on the ACRE competencies resulting in credentials in
- Job Coaching
- Job Development
Suite of Assessment and Planning Tools
- Community Based Provider Gap Analysis and Planning Tool
- Person Centered Planning Tool
- Career Planning
- Functional Capacity Assessment